Chapter 1. General Terms
Article 1 (Purpose)
These terms of service (hereinafter the “Terms”) are to clarify the rights, responsibilities, and other related matters of our customers (hereinafter the “Customer”) with access to or use Lambda 256 (hereinafter the “Company”) and the blockchain cloud service website (http://www.luniverse.io) of the Company or use its service (defined as below).
Article 2 Definitions
The following are the definitions of the words used in the Terms.
- The “service” refers to a blockchain cloud computing service (hereinafter the “Service”) which allows free access of a Customer’s terminal to a solution service that provides a blockchain infrastructure service including a server, storage, DB, network and the like, and a blockchain IT solution. The Service consists of individual services (hereinafter “Individual Service”), and the Customer can select and use the Individual Service with the agreement of the Company.
- The “Customer” refers to an individual person, corporation, or public institution, and the like that access the Service of the Company, sign up for a contract for usage with the Company according to the Terms, and use the Service provided by the Company.
- The “ID” refers to the combination of letters and numbers or a Customer’s email address which a Customer decides and the Company approves for the identification of the Customer and use of the Service.
- The “password” refers to the combination of letters or numbers which are set by the Customer to confirm that the Customer is the owner of the ID set by the Customer and protect his/her privacy.
- The “credit” is a payment method that the Customer can use for a particular product that the Company promotes with certain conditions.
- The “customer information” refers to the information (the information as in Subparagraph 1 of Article 3 in Framework Act on National Information, including the personal information and credit information if the Customer is an individual) that a Customer stores in the Service of the Company and owns or manages.
- The “business day” refers to a business operation day when banks in South Korea are open for business.
Article 3 Publishing and Revision of Terms
① These Terms can be found on the service website (http://www.luniverse.io) of the Company. The Terms are applied to services provided when a Customer accesses and uses the service website of the Company and provided in accordance with the service contract (as defined in Paragraph 1 of Article 5 below). To access or use the service website of the Company, a Customer must agree to the Terms.
② The Company can revise the Terms to the extent that such revision does not violate relevant laws such as the “Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions,” “Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.”, and the “Act on the Development of Cloud Computing and Protection of its Users.”
③ The Company can revise the Terms through a reasonable method such as publishing the revised Terms on its service website. In this case, the Company specifies the effective date while posting details at least 7 days prior to when the revised Terms become effective and notifies Customers through its service website. However, if the amendment adversely applies to the rights and obligations of the Customer, the Company notifies the Customer about the amendment at least 30 days prior to the effective date as set forth in Paragraph 1 of Article 7.
④ If the Customer does not clearly refuse the amendment within 30 days after receiving announcements or notifications of the revised Terms from the Company as specified in the preceding paragraph while the Company also notifies the Customer that non-response to the amendment within 30 days would be regarded as agreement, then it is regarded that the Customer has agreed to the revised Terms.
⑤ The Company or a Customer can terminate the contract of use if the Customer does not agree to the application of the revised Terms. In this case, the Company informs the Customer of the reasons for termination, the date of termination, and the cost of refund in written form, email or any equivalent method.
Article 4 Matters not Specified in These Terms
① Any case that is not specified in these Terms is subject to the governing law, rules, commercial practice, and the individual service operational policies (if applicable) of the service website. To elaborate on the policies to prevent misinterpretation, it is possible that the Company executes separate operational policies in regards to each Individual Service.
② The Company can devise separate terms for Individual Services by deciding terms applicable to them. If the individual terms do not match the Terms, the individual terms prevail over the Terms when there are no specific rules on the differences.
③ If there are no rules specified in the individual terms, the Terms are applied.
Chapter 2 Personal Information
The Company abides by personal information protection regulations in related laws such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., Personal Information Protection Act, Protection of Communications Secrets Act, Telecommunications Business Act, and the like, which an information communication service provider must comply with, and does its best to protect its Customer’s rights by setting privacy policies on the basis of related laws.
1. Personal Information to be Collected and Method for Collecting
a. Personal information to be collected
First, the Company collects the minimum personal information to facilitate providing services including membership registration and seamless customer consultation, and the information to be collected is as follows:
- Required information: email address, user name, password, phone number, company name, company home page address
<Registration of auto payment means>
- Credit card: date of birth (for business customers, the business registration number), credit card numbers, credit card expiration date
- Bank transfer (for a Korean business operator): bank name, date of birth (for business customers, the business registration number), account number
Secondly, the information below can be automatically generated or additionally collected during the use of the Service or service provision process.
- IP address, cookies, access log, date of visits, history of service use, history of usage error, history of payment
Thirdly, the following information can be additionally collected only from the Customers who use particular services during the usage of the services.
If the customer was additionally asked to agree to collecting the personal information,
|Category||Personal information to be collected|
|General inquiry||– Required information: email address, phone number|
|Application for cash receipt||– Required information: phone number or cash receipt card numbers|
|When new recipients of the notice are added||– Required information: name, email address – Optional information: phone number|
b. Method for collection of personal information
The Company collects personal information as follows:
- Collecting the information via the home page, written forms, fax, phone call, consultation bulletin, and email or offline sources (including customers’ participation in events and seminars)
- Obtaining the information from partner companies
- Collecting via tools for collecting the generated information
2. Purpose of collection and use of personal information
a. Fulfillment of the contract for service provision and settlement of the fees for the service
Provision of content and customized services, delivery of goods or bill mailing, user authentication, purchase and fee payment, and fee collection
b. Membership management
Use of the membership service and user identification in accordance with the restricted identification system, personal identification, prevention of unauthorized use of members on blacklist, prevention of unauthorized use, confirmation of sign-up, restriction of subscription and the number of subscriptions, subsequent identification of the legal representative, preservation of records for dispute settlement, response to customers’ needs including processing complaints, sending notices, and the like.
c. Development and marketing of new services, and advertisement
Development of new services and provision of customized services, provision of the service as per statistical characteristics, advertisement publication, confirmation of the service validity, provision of information about events and promotions, and engagement with customers for participation in events, visibility into the frequency of the access, statistics about customer’s use of service, and check and utilization of personal information for sending gifts.
3. Provision of personal information
The Company uses its Customer’s personal information within the scope notified in “2. Purpose of collection and use of personal information” and does not use it beyond the scope without the Customer’s prior consent nor disclose it to the public in principle. However, there are exceptions as follows:
- If the Company has received the Customer’s prior agreement
- If a law enforcement agency has made a request in accordance with the rules prescribed by laws or using procedures and methods prescribed in ordinances for the purpose of investigation.
- If new personal information is provided after the Customer’s prior agreement.
4. Retention and use period of personal information
When the purpose of collection and use of personal information is accomplished, the Customer’s personal information is destroyed without further delay in principle. However, the following information is retained for reasons as set forth below during a specified period.
a. Reasons for information retention in accordance with the policies of the Company
|Retained information||Reasons for retention||Retention period|
|Records of unauthorized use||Prevention of unauthorized use||1 year<|
|Inquiry/details of agreement<br>(in case that the Company asked the Customer for additional agreement)||processing the Customer’s requests||6 months|
b. Reason for information retention in accordance with related laws
If related laws, such as the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, require the retention of the information, the Company retains member’s information for the certain period specified by the related act. In this case, the Company uses the information only for retention, and the retention period is as follows:
|Retained information||Reasons for retention||Retention period|
|Records of contracts or withdrawals from subscription||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.||5 years|
|Records of payments and supply of goods, etc.||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.||5 years|
|Records of consumer’s complaints or mediation of disputes||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.||3 years|
|Records of labelling/advertisements||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.||6 months|
|Books and evidential papers about all transactions regulated by the tax law||Framework Act on National Taxes and Corporate Tax Act||5 years|
|Records of electronic financial transaction||Electronic Financial Transactions Act||5 years|
|History of logins||Protection of Communications Secrets Act||3 months|
5. Procedure and method of destroying personal information
When the purpose of collection and use of personal information is accomplished, the Customer’s personal information is destroyed without further delay in principle.
The Company uses the following procedure and method to destroy personal information.
a. Procedure for destroying
- When the purpose of collection and use of personal information is accomplished, the information that a Customer entered for signing up or using other services is transferred to a separate DB (or an additional cabinet if the information is in written form) to be stored for a particular period to comply with internal policies and other related Acts for information protection (refer to the section of Retention and use period of personal information) and then destroyed.
- The same personal information is not used for any purposes other than its retention unless it is required by laws.
b. Method of destroying
- The papers on which the personal information is printed are shredded by a shredder or burned to be destroyed.
- The personal information stored in an electric file format is deleted by a technique which permanently destroys the records.
6. Rights of the Customer and legal representative and the exercising method thereof
- The Customer and legal representative can submit requests for viewing or modifying their personal information they entered for subscription or withdrawing from the Service.
- To view or modify the personal information, please visit “My Luniverse > Account Detail > Edit Account,” and for withdrawal (or withdrawal from the agreement), go to “My Page > Withdrawal” to proceed with the user identification and to read or modify the personal information or withdraw from the Service.
- When a Customer requests a correction to their personal information, the personal information is not used or provided until the correction is completed. When incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, the Company notifies the third party of the result of the correction without any delay and ensures the correction is applied exactly.
- The Company processes the personal information as per “4. Retention and use period of personal information” when it has been requested by the Customer or legal representative for its termination of use or deletion and blocks any other requests for reading or using the information for any other purposes.
7. Installation/operation and refusal of the means to automatically collect personal information
a. What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small text file sent to the client’s browser from the server that is used to run the website and stored in the hard disk of the Customer’s computer. Once cookies are stored in the disk, the website server reads the cookies stored in the Customer’s hard disk when the Customer visits the website to maintain the Customer’s preferences and provide the customized service.
- Cookies do not automatically/proactively collect the identifying information of individuals, and Customers can refuse storage of cookies or delete them anytime.
b. Purpose of cookies
Cookies are used to identify each service of the Company that the Customer uses, visits to the websites and the pattern of usage, popular keywords for search, and the number of its Customers to provide the Customer with optimized and customized information including advertisements.
c. Installation/operation and refusal of cookies
- Customers have a right to opt in/out of the installation of cookies. – Therefore, Customers can set the options on their web browser to enable all cookies, check whenever a cookie is stored or refuse to store cookies.
- However, when storing cookies is disabled, there might be a difficulty in the use of some services of the Company that need sign-in.
- The method to enable/disable the cookie installation (for Internet Explorer) is as follows:
① Select [Internet Option] on the [Tool] menu.
② Click [Privacy] tap.
③ Set the privacy level.
8. Technical/administrative measures to protect personal information
The Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure the safety of personal information to prevent loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage of personal information in the processing of the Customer’s personal information.
a. Password encryption
The member’s password is encrypted before being stored and managed, and only the member knows it. Also, only the member can check and change the personal information by using the password.
b. Measures against hacking, etc.
The Company is doing its best to prevent any leakage or damage from being caused by hacking or computer virus, etc., to our Customer’s personal information. The data is regularly backed up to proactively prevent damage to the personal information, and the latest vaccine program is used to protect the Customer’s personal information or data from leakage or damage while supporting a safe transfer of the personal information on the network through encrypted communications and the like. In addition, the Company controls unauthorized access from outside with an intruder blocking system as well as putting its utmost effort to equip all technical devices available to secure safety in other parts of the system.
c. Utilization of the minimum number of human resources for processing personal information and training
d. Operating a specialized organization for privacy protection
9. Contact details of the personnel in charge of privacy protection
You can report any complaint related to privacy protection that occurs while using the Service of the Company to the person in charge of privacy protection or the corresponding department. The Company will respond quickly and diligently to its Customer’s complaints.
|Personal information||Person in charge of protection|
|Department||Planning & Security|
Please contact the following institutions to report or need further consultation in relation to other privacy infringement issues.
Privacy Infringement Report Center (visit https://privacy.kisa.or.kr or call 118 without a telephone exchange number)
The Cybercrime Investigation Division of the Supreme Prosecutor’s Office (visit http://www.spo.go.kr or call 1301 without a telephone exchange number)
Cyber Bureau of National Police Agency (visit http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr or call 182 without a telephone exchange number)
11. Obligation of Notice